Louis C.K. net worth, is an acclaimed American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, producer and director who has amassed an impressive net worth of $35 million. Known for his dark, observational comedy style and self-deprecating humor, C.K. has had a prolific career spanning over 30 years.
Recent Released: Todd Boehly Net Worth, Career, Income, Age, Family, and More
Born Louis Székely on September 12, 1967 in Washington D.C., C.K. is the son of economist Luis Székely and software engineer Mary Louise C.K. He has dual American and Mexican citizenship due to his Hungarian-Mexican father and Irish-American mother.
C.K. got his start in comedy as a teenager in Boston before moving to New York City in 1989 to pursue a career. He worked the stand-up circuit and wrote for late night shows and comedy specials. His big break came when he was hired as head writer for The Dana Carvey Show in 1996.
|Name||Louis Alfred Szekely|
|Birthday||12 September 1967|
|Kids||Kitty Szekely, Marie Louise Szekely|
|Parents||Luis Szekely, Mary Louise Szekely|
|Profession||Comedian, screenwriter, filmmaker|
|Net Worth||$35 million|
Over his long career, Louis C.K. has achieved immense success across multiple aspects of the entertainment industry:
- Stand-up Comedy – C.K. is considered one of the greatest stand-up comedians of his generation. He has released 5 comedy albums, including the Grammy-winning Hilarious (2011) and Oh My God (2013). His comedy specials have garnered over 30 million views on YouTube.
- Television – He created, wrote, directed and starred in the HBO sitcom Lucky Louie (2006-2007). He has appeared in shows like Parks and Recreation and Louie, which he also wrote and directed.
- Film – C.K. has acted in movies like The Invention of Lying (2009), Blue Jasmine (2013) and American Hustle (2013). He also directed the films Pootie Tang (2001), Tomorrow Night (1998) and I Love You, Daddy (2017).
- Writing – He was the head writer for The Chris Rock Show and a writer for Late Night with Conan O’Brien and The Dana Carvey Show early in his career. He has written screenplays for films like Down to Earth (2001).
- Production/Distribution – C.K. operates outside the conventional entertainment system and sells tickets directly through his website. He was the first comedian to sell digital downloads of full-length specials through his site.
C.K.’s Earnings and Net Worth Growth
According to Forbes, Louis C.K.’s earnings between June 2016-2017 were $52 million, making him the world’s highest paid comedian in that span.
Here is a look at his rising net worth over the years:
In 2013, he earned $16 million, mainly from ticket sales through his site. His net worth was estimated at $25 million.
By 2015, his net worth was $45 million. He made $9 million from his website sales despite not appearing in films or TV that year.
In 2016, he earned $20 million. His net worth grew to $55 million.
C.K.’s net worth today is estimated to be around $35 million according to most reports. While exact figures fluctuate, it is clear that the comedian accumulated significant wealth over his prolific career.
Louis C.K. has amassed his $35 million net worth through various income sources:
- Stand-up Comedy – C.K. sells tickets directly through his website, cutting out service fees. He grossed over $10 million from ticket sales of his 2012 Word tour. He earns 7 figures from comedy tours.
- Television – He likely earned millions per season starring in his hit FX show Louie. He also has earned income appearing on shows like Parks and Recreation and creating Lucky Louie.
- Movies – C.K. has earned at least 6 figure sums for his various acting roles and screenwriting credits in films like American Hustle and Down to Earth.
- Web Distribution – C.K. has generated over $10 million by selling video downloads of his specials online, keeping 100% of the profits.
- Production – He earns income through his production company Pig Newton, Inc.
Through his creative distribution methods and multimedia career, Louis C.K. has accumulated an impressive net worth as one of America’s most popular comedians. Though exact figures vary year-to-year, his net worth remains in the tens of millions.
Quick Facts About Louis C.K.
- Full Name: Louis Székely
- Birthdate: September 12, 1967 (age 55)
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C.
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: Mexican, Hungarian, Irish
- Height: 6’2″
- Parents: Mary Louise Davis, Luis Székely
- Siblings: 1 sister
- Spouse: Alix Bailey (m. 1995–2008)
- Children: 2 daughters
- Got his big break writing for The Dana Carvey Show (1996)
- Directorial debut was Tomorrow Night (1998)
- His hit FX show Louie aired from 2010-2015
Frequently Asked Questions About Louis C.K.
How did Louis C.K. get so rich?
Louis C.K. amassed his $35 million net worth mainly through stand-up comedy and selling out tours. He earns 7 figures selling tickets directly through his site. He also earned millions from his hit FX show Louie and acting in films. His direct web distribution of specials brought in over $10 million.
What is Louis C.K.’s salary?
His salary fluctuates yearly but at the peak of his career he earned $52 million between 2016-2017 according to Forbes. In 2013 he earned $16 million mainly through comedy tours. He likely earned a salary in the millions per season of Louie.
Where does Louis C.K. live?
C.K. resides in New York City. He owns an apartment in the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Does Louis C.K. have a private jet?
It is not confirmed if C.K. owns a private jet, though given his immense net worth he could afford one. He tends to lead a relatively low-key lifestyle compared to other celebrities.
What happened to Louis C.K.’s career?
In 2017, C.K. admitted to sexual misconduct allegations made against him and acknowledged abusing his power. This caused networks to cut ties with him and the release of his film I Love You, Daddy to be cancelled. However, he has recently made a comeback performing live comedy again.
In summary, Louis C.K. has an estimated net worth of $35 million, amassed through his incredibly successful career in stand-up comedy, television, film and directing. At his peak, he earned $52 million in a single year, making him the world’s highest paid comedian. Though controversial, C.K. pioneered a direct distribution model for comedians that maximized profits. His observational humor and acclaimed shows like Louie have earned him widespread praise and popularity. At 55 years old, C.K.’s career continues to evolve.