Krayzie Bone net worth 2023, born Anthony Henderson, is an American rapper, singer, producer, and entrepreneur best known as a founding member of the influential hip hop group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. With his rapid-fire flow and introspective lyrics, Krayzie Bone established himself as one of the most talented yet underrated MC’s of the 1990s. While Bone Thugs-N-Harmony released several successful albums in the late 90s, Krayzie also found success as a solo artist. So what is Krayzie Bone’s net worth today? How much does he earn from music and business ventures? Let’s take a closer look at Krayzie Bone’s net worth, age, salary, career, lifestyle, family and other details.
Krayzie Bone’s Net Worth in 2023
According to multiple reports, Krayzie Bone’s net worth is estimated at $6 million as of 2023. The majority of his wealth comes from his music career, both as a solo artist and with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. He also earns income from merchandise sales, brand endorsements, and his record label and talent management company. While $6 million is a respectable net worth, it’s lower than contemporaries like Eazy-E and may not fully reflect Krayzie’s cultural impact and record sales. However, he continues to tour and release music, suggesting his net worth could grow in the coming years.
His Age and Early Life
Krayzie Bone was born Anthony Henderson on June 17, 1973 in Cleveland, Ohio. He had a difficult upbringing, spending time in foster care during his childhood. Krayzie became interested in hip hop at a young age, and started performing and developing his quick rapping technique during his teen years. In 1991, at age 18, he formed Bone Enterpri$e with other local MCs, which eventually evolved into Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Success and Solo Career
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony broke through to mainstream success with their sophomore album E. 1999 Eternal, released in 1995. Hits like “1st of tha Month” and “Tha Crossroads” highlighted their harmonizing vocals and fast, melodic rapping style. The album went 4x platinum, while 1997’s follow up Art of War achieved similar success. During these years Krayzie Bone established himself as an integral part of the group, rapping and singing on many of their hits.
Krayzie began his solo career in 1998 with his debut album Thug Mentality 1999. It reached platinum status thanks to the hit single “Thug Mentality” and featured many high profile guest artists. His subsequent solo albums didn’t achieve the same commercial success but were well received by critics. Krayzie continues to release solo material in addition to Bone Thugs projects.
Lifestyle and Expenses
Compared to many celebrity rappers, Krayzie Bone leads a relatively lowkey lifestyle. During his successful years with Bone Thugs in the late 90s, he likely splurged on some luxury purchases. However, he has also faced financial issues, even declaring bankruptcy in 2011. These days he seems to prefer spending time with family and focusing on his music. His main splurges are probably on his two biggest passions – music and cars. He’s an avid collector of classic cars and motorcycles.
Salary and Earnings Highlights
It’s difficult to determine Krayzie Bone’s current salary and earnings. However, here are some highlights from his music career:
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s E. 1999 Eternal has sold over 6 million copies. Successful albums like this likely earned Krayzie millions in the 90s.
- Krayzie’s solo debut Thug Mentality 1999 went platinum. Solo efforts earn him 100% of royalties instead of splitting with group members.
- Tours – Bone Thugs still tours regularly today, performing hits from their back catalog. Their 2021 Verzuz battle with Three 6 Mafia also earned them some income.
- Record label – Krayzie is CEO of record label Mo Thugs Records. Though less active today, at its peak the label had over 40 artists and partners with major labels. This represents another revenue stream for the rapper.
There are no reports of Krayzie Bone owning any lavish houses or real estate properties. He seems to prefer living a more lowkey lifestyle these days compared to many rappers. In 2011 he went through foreclosure on a $1.3 million home near Cleveland. After declaring bankruptcy he likely had to sell off valuable assets like houses. Moving forward, he may focus his spending more on his family and music career rather than luxury homes.
Krayzie is an avid collector of classic cars and motorcycles.
His collection has included:
- Chevrolet Impala – He’s photographed with a vintage Impala model from the 1960s, painted blue. Impalas are iconic for their place in hip hop culture.
- Cadillac Eldorado – He’s posed with a vintage late 60s Eldorado convertible as well, suggesting an appreciation for Detroit classics.
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS – Krayzie has shared photos of a bright orange early 80s Monte Carlo SS, a vehicle highly sought after by collectors today.
- Harley Davidson – He posed on a classic Harley motorcycle painted black with bright orange flames, matching the Monte Carlo colors.
Jewelry and Bling
As a rapper, Krayzie rocks his share of bling, but has never been known for over-the-top displays like some artists. Some of his notable jewelry pieces include:
- Jesus piece chains – Krayzie frequently wears large Jesus pendant chains, some with jeweled crowns. These demonstrate his Christian faith and spirituality.
- Diamond Rolex – A staple for many rappers. Krayzie has worn diamond-encrusted Rolex Datejust and Presidential models.
- Diamond earrings and rings – In his early career Krayzie could be seen with small diamond stud earrings. He continues to wear diamond rings today.
Investments and Business Ventures
Aside from music, Krayzie Bone has earned income from some business ventures and investments:
- Real estate – He’s made some investments in real estate over the years, including properties in the Cleveland area. However, his 2011 bankruptcy and foreclosure showed the risks of overspending.
- Record label – As founder of Mo Thugs Records, Krayzie likely earned substantial revenue at the label’s late 90s peak before it went dormant. Attempts at reviving it haven’t found the same success.
- Talent management – His company Krayzie Bone Enterprises provides management services for musicians, positioning him to earn commissions and a share of their earnings.
- Restaurants – Krayzie founded entertainment complex Harmony Howse in Ohio and had plans to start a restaurant called Stiletto’s Chicken and Waffles. It’s unclear if the restaurant ever fully opened.
- Book publishing – Krayzie published an autobiography titled Krayzie Bone: From Streetz to Stage in 2015. Book sales provide another small revenue stream.
Career Highlights and Awards
Let’s look back at some of Krayzie Bone’s major career highlights and accolades:
- 6x platinum certification of E. 1999 Eternal with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
- Platinum solo album Thug Mentality 1999
- 4 Grammy Award nominations with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
- Started Mo Thugs Records – launched acts like Felecia and Powder
- American Music Award for Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Band/Duo/Group
- Soul Train Music Award for Best Rap Album
- Named one of the Top 50 Lyrical Leaders by LyricFind
- BET Hip Hop Award nomination for classic hip hop artist
Personal Life, Wife and Kids
Away from music, Krayzie maintains a relatively private personal life. He has never been married though he has fathered several children:
- 6 kids total – His children include sons Anthony, Deandre, Malik, Nazaire, Naz and daughter Naisya. He posts about them occasionally on Instagram.
- Met his kids’ mother in 1994. Her name has not been publicized at her own request.
- Briefly dated singer Michelle’D Thomas in the late 90s.
- Stays out of the spotlight. Tends to share little about relationships or family on social media.
- Had issues with substance abuse throughout his career before getting clean.
Philanthropy and Charity Work
Krayzie Bone has supported several causes and philanthropic endeavors over the years:
- Performs at benefit concerts like Comic Relief and America: A Tribute to Heroes.
- Provides meals through Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s Thanksgiving for the Needy program.
- Donated a song to Raise Hope for Congo compilation supporting rape victims.
- Partnered with Glenn Lewis Foundation to mentor at-risk youth and provide scholarships.
- Active in community organizations like Cleveland Metropolitan School District.
In summary, Krayzie Bone built his current net worth of $6 million predominantly through a legendary run with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony in the 1990s, selling millions of albums. His solo career added to that fortune as well. Though he struggled financially for a period, Krayzie appears to be in a stable place focusing on his family and music. Moving forward, he can continue to earn solid income from touring and new music projects as long as fans still have a thirst for that classic Bone Thugs sound. While perhaps not as wealthy as some peers, Krayzie Bone remains a highly influential figure from an iconic era in hip hop history.
FAQs About Krayzie Bone’s Net Worth
Here are some frequently asked questions about Krayzie Bone’s net worth and earnings.
Q: What is Krayzie Bone’s real name?
A: Krayzie Bone’s real name is Anthony Henderson. He was born in 1973 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Q: How much did Krayzie Bone earn with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony?
A: It’s difficult to know exactly, but Bone Thugs sold millions of albums in the 90s at the height of their popularity. Their success likely earned Krayzie Bone tens of millions over the years before splitting with the group.
Q: How much do Bone Thugs-N-Harmony charge per show?
A: As legends in the rap game who still tour actively, Bone Thugs can command six-figure paydays for major concerts and festivals. For example, they reportedly earned $200k just for a short Verzuz battle in 2021.
Q: What businesses does Krayzie Bone own?
A: Krayzie Bone founded record label Mo Thugs Records. He also started talent management company Krayzie Bone Enterprises. Other business ventures have included real estate and restaurants.
Q: Does Krayzie Bone have kids?
A: Yes, Krayzie Bone has fathered 6 children – 3 sons named Anthony, Deandre, and Malik, and 3 daughters named Naisya, Naz, and Nazaire. He is not married to their mother.
Q: Did Krayzie Bone go to college?
A: No, Krayzie Bone did not attend college. He had a difficult childhood and started pursuing music full-time in his late teens, finding success with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
Q: What was Krayzie Bone’s biggest hit song?
A: Krayzie Bone’s biggest hit was with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony – “Tha Crossroads” in 1996. It hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and won a Grammy. As a solo artist, his biggest hit was “Thug Mentality” from his debut album.