Dr. Umar Johnson Net Worth: The Controversial Psychologist With a Growing Net Worth
Dr. Umar Johnson net worth, is a polarizing figure who has made a name for himself in recent years as an author, psychologist, and activist. While known for his controversial opinions on social issues, there is no doubt that Dr. Johnson has built a successful career and amassed significant wealth. This article will explore Dr. Johnson’s background, his net worth, career, family life, and the controversies surrounding him.
Recent Released: Larry Elder Net Worth, The Conservative Radio Host & Wealth Revealed
|Real Name||Jermaine Shoemake|
|Birthday||August 21, 1974|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches or 190 cm or 1.9 m|
|Weight||90 kgs or 198.41 lbs|
|Parents||Jamal Abdullah-Johnson and Barbara Shoemake|
|Professions||Author, Motivational Speaker/Lecturer,Activist, Internet Personality|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million (USD)|
An Introduction to Dr. Umar Johnson
Dr. Umar Abdullah Johnson was born in August 1974 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is currently around 49 years old. Dr. Johnson is a Doctor of Clinical Psychology and describes himself as a Prince Hall Freemason and member of the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.
Dr. Johnson gained popularity for his Pan-African ideology and self-proclaimed status as the “Prince of Pan-Africamism”. He is known for his speaking engagements focusing on issues affecting the African-American community. Some of his key talking points include education, family dynamics, racism, and African history.
Estimating Dr. Umar Johnson’s Net Worth
There are varying reports on Dr. Umar Johnson’s net worth. While the exact figure is not confirmed, estimates range from $500,000 on the lower end to upwards of $5 million.
His main sources of wealth include:
Revenue from speaking engagements and lectures – Dr. Johnson charges between $5,000 to $10,000 per speaking event. With over 100 events annually, this contributes significantly to his income.
Book sales – He has authored several books including Psycho-Academic Holocaust: The Special Education & ADHD Wars Against Black Boys.
Sales of DVDs and other merchandise on his website – Dr. Johnson sells DVDs of his lectures, books, and other pan-African themed merchandise which generates revenue.
YouTube monetization – His YouTube videos generate millions of views, allowing him to monetize the content.
Financial donations from supporters – Devoted followers often donate money to support his causes.
Other business ventures – Dr. Johnson is CEO of his company Frederick Douglas Marcus Garvey Institute for Human Rights.
Despite his financial success, Dr. Johnson has been embroiled in several controversies over his handling of donated funds, which has put his wealth under scrutiny. However, when examining his various income sources, a net worth of a few million dollars is feasible.
An Overview of Dr. Umar Johnson’s Career
Dr. Johnson began his career as a school psychologist in Philadelphia and Washington D.C. He eventually transitioned into speaking, activism, and working independently full-time.
Some key aspects of his career include:
- B.S. in Psychology, Millersville University of Pennsylvania
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Lehigh University
- Certified School Psychologist, Pennsylvania and Washington D.C.
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.), was enrolled at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Psycho-Academic Holocaust: The Special Education & ADHD Wars Against Black Boys (2013)
- The Blueprint for Black Power: A Moral, Political, and Economic Imperative for the Twenty-First Century (2012)
- The Community Healing Network: The Philosophy & Practice of Community Healing (2014)
Activism and Organizations
- Founded the Frederick Douglass Marcus Garvey Institute for Human Rights
- CEO of the National Independent Black Parent Association
- Has given lectures and speeches at universities and conferences globally
- Popular YouTube channel with over 140,000 subscribers
- Regular appearances on radio shows and podcasts
- Featured in documentaries and news coverage
Dr. Johnson has maintained a busy schedule as an author, speaker, and activist over the past decade. However, not without controversy.
Controversies and Criticisms
While gaining popularity and wealth, Dr. Johnson has been the center of various controversies:
- Questionable credentials – Although Dr. Johnson is referred to as “Dr. Umar Johnson,” he never completed his doctoral degree. This has drawn criticism over the legitimacy of his title.
- Donation scandal – Dr. Johnson fundraised over $100,000 to open a school for black boys but never followed through. He was accused of using the donations for personal expenses.
- Homophobic and sexist comments – Dr. Johnson has made numerous homophobic and sexist statements over the years that have outraged many. This includes referring to the LBGTQ community in derogatory ways.
- Anti-white and anti-Semitic rhetoric – He has made controversial comments dismissing interracial relationships and has been accused of anti-Semitism.
- Overpriced merchandising – Customers have complained about exorbitantly priced merchandise on his website, sometimes priced much higher than similar items.
While Dr. Johnson has denied many of these allegations, the controversies have followed him and often overshadow his activism and mental health work.
Dr. Johnson’s Personal Life and Family
There is limited public information about Dr. Johnson’s personal life. A few known details:
He has never been married and does not have children
Both of his parents were school teachers in Philadelphia
Had a close relationship with his grandfather who inspired his activism
Currently resides in Philadelphia but travels frequently for speaking engagements
Dr. Johnson is notoriously private about his family and personal relationships. It’s clear he remains focused on his career and what he feels is his greater purpose in life.
Dr. Umar Johnson has undoubtedly made his mark by building a lucrative career writing, speaking, and advocating on behalf of the Black community. While an exact figure is not confirmed, his net worth likely sits in the millions.
However, his controversial opinions, questionable credentials, and allegations of misusing funds have often distracted from his work. Dr. Johnson remains a complex public figure – both revered by supporters and condemned by critics.
His future impact and success will rest on his ability to reduce controversy while advancing his causes. If Dr. Johnson can find this balance, he has the potential to continue growing his wealth and platform. But only time will tell if he is able to overcome the scandals of his past.
- Estimated net worth between $500,000 – $5 million from speaking fees, books, donations, and online business ventures
- Career as school psychologist turned author, speaker, and activist on issues affecting Black America
- Launched the Frederick Douglass Marcus Garvey Institute for Human Rights
- Surrounded by controversies over credentials, inappropriate comments, and misused donations
- Never married, no children, grew up in Philadelphia with teacher parents
- Future success dependent on reducing controversies and advancing his causes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How did Dr. Umar make his money?
Dr. Umar Johnson generated his wealth through revenue streams such as speaking fees of up to $10,000 per event, book sales, YouTube monetization, donations, and sales of merchandise through his website. His career as an author, speaker, and activist discussing issues affecting the African American community has been his main source of income.
Q2. What is Dr. Umar Johnson’s net worth?
While his exact net worth is unknown, estimates range from around $500,000 to several million dollars. Given his various income sources, net worth estimates in the range of $2 – $5 million are considered reasonable, but the exact figure remains unconfirmed.
Q3. Is Dr. Umar really a doctor?
While Dr. Johnson refers to himself as “Dr. Umar Johnson” and is a Doctor of Psychology in clinical psychology (Psy.D.), there is some controversy over whether he completed his doctoral program. Critics argue he does not hold a valid doctoral degree.
Q4. What happened to Umar Johnson’s school?
Dr. Johnson fundraised over $100,000 several years ago intended to open a school for black boys. The school never materialized which led to accusations that he used the donated funds for personal gain instead. This became a major controversy.
Q5. Why is Umar Johnson so controversial?
Dr. Johnson is a polarizing figure due to his controversial comments over the years that have been deemed homophobic, sexist, and anti-Semitic. Other controversies include his credentials, misuse of donated funds, overpriced merchandise, and tendency to make unsubstantiated claims.
Q6. Does Dr. Umar have a family?
No, Dr. Umar Johnson has never been married and does not have any children. He tends to be very private regarding his family and personal life outside of his public persona.
Table: Overview of Dr. Umar Johnson’s Career and Controversies
Career Highlights Controversies
|Popular author of books on psychology and the black community||Accused of not completing his doctoral degree|
|CEO of National Independent Black Parent Association||Criticized for homophobic and sexist comments|
|Founded Frederick Douglass Marcus Garvey Institute||Allegations of misusing over $100K in school donations|
|Regular speaker at conferences and events||Made anti-white and anti-Semitic statements|
|Strong media presence with YouTube channel and podcasts||Sells overpriced merchandise and products|
|School psychologist credentials||Tendency to make unsubstantiated claims|