Asa Hutchinson net worth, is an American businessman and politician who has served as the 46th Governor of Arkansas since 2015. With a long and distinguished career in public service spanning over 4 decades, Hutchinson has held numerous high-profile positions at both state and federal levels.
Recent Released: Grant Cardone Net Worth: Career, Income, Awards, and More
Having served in the administrations of President Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, Hutchinson is considered an influential figure in the Republican party. In addition to his political career, he has also worked as a private attorney and businessman.
With such a lengthy and accomplished career, many are curious to know Asa Hutchinson’s net worth. Here is a deeper look into his age, salary, wiki, career, life, wife, family, father, education, income sources and more.
|Birth Name||William Asa Hutchinson Ⅱ|
|Birth Date||December 3, 1950|
|Wife||Susan Burell Hutchinson|
|Kids||Asa Hutchinson Ⅲ, Sarah, Seth & John Hutchinson|
|Parents||John Malcolm Hutchinson Sr & Coral Virginia (Mount) Hutchinson|
|Net worth||$5 million|
Asa Hutchinson’s Net Worth
According to various sources, Asa Hutchinson’s net worth is estimated to be somewhere between $1 million to $5 million. However, more recent estimates from Forbes in August 2023 peg his net worth to be around $1.2 million.
Given his long-spanning diverse career, Hutchinson has amassed his wealth from various sources over the decades. His net worth can be attributed to his salaries from being a politician, attorney, administrator, businessman as well as other investments and assets.
Early Life and Education
Asa Hutchinson was born on December 3, 1950 in Bentonville, Arkansas. He was born to Coral Virginia (Mount) Hutchinson and John Malcolm Hutchinson.
His father John Malcolm Hutchinson was a politician who served as a city attorney, prosecuting attorney, member of Arkansas House of Representatives and Arkansas State Senate. He also served as a judge on the United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas.
Asa Hutchinson graduated from Bob Jones University in South Carolina with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1973. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1975.
- 1977 – 1978: Practiced law after finishing law school
- 1982: Appointed as United States Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas at age 31, making him one of the youngest U.S. attorneys in the country.
- 1985 – 1986: Served as chair of the Southern Regional Campaign for President Reagan’s re-election campaign
- 1986 – 1989: Served as the youngest director ever of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) under President Reagan
- 1997 – 2001: Served as a Republican member of United States House of Representatives from Arkansas’s 3rd district
- 2001 – 2003: Appointed by President George W. Bush as Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration
- 2015 – Present: Elected as 46th Governor of Arkansas in 2014. Currently serving his second term.
In addition to the above, Hutchinson has also worked as an attorney in private practice and served on boards of various companies.
Here are some of Asa Hutchinson’s key salaries over the years from his various roles:
- As Governor of Arkansas – $148,134 annual salary
- As Administrator of the DEA – Level I of Executive Schedule, around $210,700 annual salary
- As US House Representative – Around $170,000 annual salary
- As US Attorney – Around $73,131 annual salary
Wife and Family
Asa Hutchinson has been married to his wife Susan Burrell Hutchinson since 1973. Together they have four children – Jeremy, Timothy, Sarah and Seth.
His father John Malcolm Hutchinson had served as a politician, attorney and judge in Arkansas. His brother Tim Hutchinson is also a former Senator.
Asa Hutchinson has earned income from the following sources throughout his long career:
- Salaries from serving as Governor, Congressman, Administrator, U.S. Attorney
- Legal career as attorney in private practice
- Business career by serving on boards and as advisor to companies
- Revenue from book sales – he has authored a book titled “The Great Disconnect: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age”
- Paid speeches, appearances and presentations
- Investments in stocks, bonds, funds and real estate
In conclusion, Asa Hutchinson’s net worth is estimated to be around $1-5 million. Now in his 70s, he has had an extensive career spanning over 4 decades in public service, law and business.
With salaries from high-profile roles and income from other sources, Hutchinson has amassed substantial wealth. However, compared to many politicians and businessmen, his net worth is still modest for his age and experience. Moving forward, Asa Hutchinson’s net worth will likely continue to grow as he serves out his term as the Governor of Arkansas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How much is Asa Hutchinson’s net worth?
Asa Hutchinson’s net worth is estimated to be around $1.2 million as of August 2023 according to Forbes. Other estimates place his net worth between $1 million to $5 million.
Q2. What is Asa Hutchinson’s salary as Governor of Arkansas?
As Governor of Arkansas, Asa Hutchinson earns an annual salary of $148,134.
Q3. What was Asa Hutchinson’s salary as DEA Administrator?
When Asa Hutchinson served as the Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration under President George W. Bush, he earned a Level I salary on the Executive Schedule, which was around $210,700 per year.
Q4. How old is Asa Hutchison?
Asa Hutchinson was born on December 3, 1950. As of August 2023, he is 72 years old.
Q5. Is Asa Hutchinson a lawyer?
Yes, Asa Hutchinson is a lawyer. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1975 and practiced law between 1977-1978 before starting his long political career.
Q6. Is Asa Hutchinson married?
Yes, Asa Hutchinson has been married to his wife Susan Burrell Hutchinson since 1973. They have four children together.
Q7. What is Asa Hutchinson’s educational background?
Asa Hutchinson graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Bob Jones University in 1973. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1975.
Q8. What were Asa Hutchinson’s major career highlights?
Some of Asa Hutchinson’s major career highlights include serving as the youngest ever DEA Administrator under Reagan, as a US Congressman, as DEA Administrator under George W. Bush, and currently as the 46th Governor of Arkansas.
Q9. How much did Asa Hutchinson earn as a Congressman?
When Asa Hutchinson served as a US House Representative from 1997